- Please note that we have a minimum 2 night stay policy at weekends. You have not booked exclusive use of the whole barn. You have booked on a B&B only basis. The lounges are for all guests to use.
- On receipt of the completed booking form, availability will be checked for booking a specific room or rooms at A Barn, then confirmed in writing by email with an Invoice for payment in full by BACS.
A cancellation must be advised as soon as possible and every effort will be made to re-let the room. For cancellations made by the Client within two weeks of the arrival date, the entire amount will be forfeit. We strongly recommend you insure against cancellation. However, the transfer of the booking and payments to another date will be encouraged. For Covid related cancellations please ask for Our Covid 19 Policy document.
- All bookings are from 4pm on the day of arrival until 11am on the day of departure. Early arrivals or late departures are only by prior arrangement.
- The total charge fee will be inclusive of VAT at the rate pertaining at the relevant time.
- For the peace and relaxation of all our guests, we can only accommodate children of 5 and over in the Swan & River room only which has a sofa bed which can be made into a small double bed.
- The rooms are booked on a room only basis or room with breakfast only basis. This does not include use of the kitchen facilities for the preparation and consumption of food by guests.
- The kitchen is strictly private and is used for the preparation and serving of the breakfasts at the B&B by the owner and staff only
- The property is thatched. We therefore operate a strict No Smoking Policy throughout the whole of the property and grounds. No Vaping or e-cigarettes, no Candles, no Chinese Lanterns, no Fireworks or other such items are to be lit in any part of the property or grounds.
- If you are staying more than one night and have asked for your room to be serviced, please vacate your room by 11.00am, this will allow time to clean your room before your return in the late afternoon.
- Please do not remove any of the keys that may be in the doors of the property other than your own room key. There will be a charge of £100 for any keys that you lose.
- The person detailed on the booking form as making the booking certifies that he or she is authorised to agree the terms and conditions on behalf of all persons in the party and is a member of the party. No person other than those shown on the booking form may be accommodated or are permitted to use any part of the property.
- Vehicles or bicycles parked at A Barn are parked entirely at their owners’ risk.
- We will not be liable for any injury of any guest staying at A Barn nor for any losses or other liability incurred by any such incident.
- We shall not under any circumstances accept responsibility for, nor liability in respect of, damage to or loss of any goods, articles or property (including vehicles and bicycles) of any kind brought into or left at the premises of A Barn by the guests.
- No part of the premises is to be used for any purpose other than overnight accommodation with or without breakfast, nor for any unlawful purpose. A Barn is situated in a quiet lane with nearby neighbours, therefore excessive noise is strictly not permitted. This includes any loud music or boisterous behaviour on any of our grounds. Guests who fail to adhere to this policy may be asked to leave while still being charged in full for their stay.
- We reserve the right to terminate or to suspend forthwith the hiring of the Room(s) by the guest for the booking period (or any part thereof) provided we believe that there is reasonable cause to do so.
- We shall not be liable for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure of electricity supply, leakage of water, fire, government restriction, an epidemic or pandemic, an owner’s serious health event, and/or force majeure which may cause the Premises to be temporarily closed or the hire of a room in the property to be interrupted or cancelled.
- If your room was unavailable for reasons beyond our control, we would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, and you wished to leave, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the booking. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- We reserve the right to enter the booking room with or without duly authorised representatives, in order to rectify any reported problem, given prior notice to the guests.
- Access to the field adjoining from A Barn is strictly forbidden to the guests due to the field being part of a working farm either growing a feed crop or being grazed by livestock. Electric fences are sometimes used in the field.
- Permission for a dog to stay does not include Puppies or Dogs that have not been fully House Trained. A well behaved, fully house trained dog is welcome to stay in the Swan & River Room at A Barn providing prior notice has been given at the time of booking and the stay charge has been paid. Please bring your own pet provisions, including bedding and utensils. Dogs are strictly not allowed on the bed, chairs, sofas, furniture or any linen provided by us. Please do not leave your dog alone or unsupervised in the property and keep the dog on a lead in all public areas and grounds of the property. In the interests of hygiene, health and safety and out of consideration for others it is important that you clean-up after your dog and dispose of any poop in a sanitary and responsible manner.
It is the intention of the proprietors that A Barn provides a relaxing holiday environment for all guests and trust that all will give consideration for others by no excessive noise levels. Retiring to your rooms and reducing noise levels especially after 11pm at night.
The above terms and conditions are deemed to have been accepted when the booking is made.